Friday, October 7, 2011

Y3W - My favorite time



I had a hard time picking out my 3 words for today.  I had several options, including:

  • Three Full Nights (as in sleep.  all night long.  both bees!)
  • Can't Stop Eating (I blame PMS)
  • Great Dr. Appt (coming in another post)
  • First Family Outing (happening tomorrow!  Come back for the details.)
But ultimately I decided on "My Favorite Time" because it's something that seems to be happening on a daily basis now. 

Honey Bee and I wake at 5 am Monday through Friday.  Before the bees were born, I could sleep until 5:45 and still make it to work on time.  But when you throw pumping and feeding at least one bee in the mix, it just doesn't work.  

Honey Bee is a morning person by nature.  He wakes up talkative, happy and walks around singing.  Me?  Not so much.  I've never been a morning person, but lately I look forward to the mornings.  Why, you ask?  It's because of the bees!  They wake up happy.  They wake up smiling.  They wake up talking.  They give us time to warm bottles before having a meltdown.  Clearly they got that from their daddy!

I love our mornings together!  The four of us will hang out on the bed.  The boys will eat.  I'll pump & put on my makeup.  Honey Bee will play with the bees.  They laugh.  They smile.  Sometimes they stare at the ceiling fan in amazement. Sometimes they stare at each other and smile.  Sometimes they hold hands.  A lot of times, Chunky Bee will roll over and squish Itty Bitty Bee with a "hug".  Or he'll roll over and start sucking on Itty Bitty's head.  Don't worry - Itty Bitty gets in on the action as well.  He will kick Chunky or give him a good slap to the face.  And occasionally they will fall back to sleep.  

Who would have thought that two little boys could make me a morning person?  I never would have dreamed that early mornings would be my favorite time of the day.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment