Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday's Tidbits

When I started this new blog, I had great intentions of posting at least 5 days a week.  Well, it seems as if I'm failing.  I vow to myself, my bees and my (few) readers that I will get better.

Lots of things have happened since my last post...

  • The bees had a weigh in yesterday while receiving their monthly Synagis shot.  Chunky Bee is up to 15lb12oz and Itty Bitty Bee is up to 8lb14oz.  
  • Both bees had a follow up appointment with their opthamologist.  Both were at risk of eye disease as a result of their premature birth, but Dr. E said they both have "perfectly healthy eyes".  Yay!  We don't have to go back until they are 2 years old.
  • Honey Bee and I had a stay-cation last weekend.  We stayed at a golf and spa resort in town.  It was nice to have an adult dinner, a few drinks and a full night's sleep.  I mean from 11ish until 10ish.  I was so well-rested.
  • The bees are getting much better with solids.  Chunky Bee is getting oatmeal and fruit or yogurt for breakfast and both bees are getting dinner.  Itty Bitty is a picker eater, but he seems to love sweet potatoes and peach yogurt.  The kid may turn orange, but at least he's eating.
  • The whole family ventured out a few weekends ago.  We went to zoo.  I figured it was a safe bet since it was open air and people wouldn't be in the bees' faces.  Princess Bee had a great time.  She got to feed the giraffes.  I got some great pictures while we were there.  Hopefully I'll get around to downloading them and will share them.
Those are the highlights of the last few weeks.  Of course there was the bees' first Halloween, but that deserves a post all on its own.  Also, we have some big stuff coming up with Itty Bitty - more details to come.

PS - Congrats to my friend, Megan on the birth of her little girl, Piper.

No comments:

Post a Comment