Friday, September 30, 2011

Y3W - Call me slacker!



I used to be organized.  I used to be a planner.  I used to have "to-do" lists.  These days?  Not so much.

Since the bees were born, life has been crazy to say the least.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm a first time mom {to babies}.  When Princess Bee became part of my life she was not a newborn. I never had to pack a diaper bag.  I never had to plan trips around nap time.  I never had to measure out bottles.  Despite all of these things I "never had to do", I always had a plan for me, Honey Bee and Princess Bee.  These days I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants.  Barely getting by.

If it's not due to being a first time mom, is it related to having twin baby bees?  When Honey Bee and I found out we were expecting twins we went through a wide range of emotions - joy, panic, worry, HOLY CRAP!  I had grand visions of spending nearly 4 months at home after their birth.  I'd have them sleeping in their room, in their cribs by 2 months old.  We'd use BabyWise to have them sleeping through the night by 10 weeks old.  I'd have an iron-clad daily routine and our days would run like a well-oiled machine.

Today our life is pretty much the opposite of this vision.  Honey Bee just asked me earlier this week "What happened to my wife?  You know the one that used to plan everything?"  Well, let's see....she had two babies.  Ten weeks early.  Life just gets in the way.  I work full time and when I get home each day, I have less than 3 hours to spend with the bees before bedtime.  During this time, I don't care what's for dinner.  I don't care that I have two loads of laundry to be folded.  So what that they've been there for 2 weeks?  It doesn't bother me that I'm grabbing clean sleepers out of the basket because I never got around to putting them in the drawer in the bees' room.

I will say this - our house needs a good, deep cleaning.  I really want to hire someone to come in twice a month to do this, but Honey Bee says we can't afford it.  You know, the whole one income household thing? But our house isn't filthy, nasty, dirty.  Does the furniture need dusting?  Yes.  Do the tile floors need to be steam cleaned?  Yes.  Is the living room our own plastic jungle?  Yes.  But to me, it's not cluttered.  It's not nasty.  I mean, I lay the bees in the floor all the time.  If I thought our house was dirty, I'd do something about it.  It just needs a little "elbow grease" as my Nanny calls it.

So if you want to call me a slacker because I'd rather spend time snuggling with my bees instead of planning meals, folding laundry, and mopping floors, go right ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Totally not a slacker! I would much rather snuggle babies than put up the laundry. Heck, I don't have babies and the laundry doesn't get put away at times. Don't feel bad one bit, dear.

    BTW ::waves:: hi there! I just discovered your new blog and am really excited! xoxo

    ReplyDelete