Monday, September 19, 2011

Need.Sleep

What happened to my boys that slept from 7:30 until 5:00?  Yes, 5:00 am is early but it's much better than waking up at 2:15 and not wanting to go back to sleep until 3:30.  This was Chunky Bee last night or shall I say this morning?   Once I realized that he wasn't going back to sleep and picked him up out of his crib, he was fine. Happy.  Smiling.  Talking.  Super Alert.  Did I mention that he had three cat naps yesterday that totaled about 1 hour of sleep.   I don't know how the kid does it!

Then we have Itty Bitty Bee.  He wakes because he's truly hungry.  Sometimes it is at 2:00 other times it's at 4:00.  It varies.  Oddly enough it doesn't frustrate me when he wakes up in the middle of the night to eat.  He's little.  He needs to eat.  He usually falls back asleep while eating.  You're up maybe 30 minutes with him.

I can't figure it out.  I've read all about growth spurts.  I've read about the  dreaded "4 month wakeful".  I've read about teething.  I don't think it's any of these things with Chunky Bee.  I think he's spoiled.  Maybe he's having some separation issues.  He's in the bees' room by himself right now.  I've read that infants start noticing that they are "alone" around this age.  There are lots of things I don't know, but I do know that Honey Bee and I are exhausted!

In an effort to remedy this, I have the bees' nanny increasing the amount of milk Chunky Bee takes during the day.  He's been happy with 4 ounces every 3 hours.  I'm hoping that we can get up to 5 ounces every 3 hours and with solids he'll have a full tummy and be sleepy.  At this point I'm willing to try anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment